RE: [GENERAL] JBuilder4 JDBC Explorer

From
Peter T Mount
Date:
Quoting "Norman J. Clarke" <norman@combimatrix.com>:

> John,
>
> I had the same problem when I was running 7.0.3 - I may be wrong, but
> it seems the driver's presentation of the system catalog is pretty
> limited, so that's what you're stuck with.

Partly the values passed to getTables() defining what are Tables, System tables
etc are not defined in the standard, and also not having access to JBuilder
until recently hampered fixing it.

> The newer 7.1 driver does not suffer from this problem, but I am not
> sure if it's backwards-compatible with 7.0.3.

No, as the system tables in 7.1 differ to 7.0.x, and the queries behind some of
the MetaData methods are different.

> I am running 7.1RC2 with its
> included JDBC driver and it works very nicely for me.

Should do as JBuilder4 Enterprise is what I'm using as an IDE now.

Peter

--
Peter Mount peter@retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/

Re: RE: [GENERAL] JBuilder4 JDBC Explorer

From
"Heather Grace"
Date:
>>The newer 7.1 driver does not suffer from this problem

Can you tell me where to download this driver or post it here?  I haven't
received a response to my previous post about  where to download the driver
from.  There are no links on the following page:

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download for 7.1 or the beta drivers.

So, if anyone has it, can you send it to me, please, or post it here!!  I
have received several emails from other people on this list, wanting it too.

--heather grace
heather@radiovoodoo.com

Date:
Quoting Heather Grace <heather@radiovoodoo.com>:

> >>The newer 7.1 driver does not suffer from this problem
>
> Can you tell me where to download this driver or post it here?  I
> haven't received a response to my previous post about  where to download the
> driver from.  There are no links on the following page:

I'm slowly going through the mail backlog...

> http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download for 7.1 or the beta drivers.
>
> So, if anyone has it, can you send it to me, please, or post it here!!

The lists are not for posting binaries. Please do not post any attachment to
the list!

> have received several emails from other people on this list, wanting it
> too.

I am working on it, but I am having both time problems and problems with the
jdk's at home to produce the 5 different versions of the jar file. I will get
them online by the time 7.1 is released, but it isn't my current priority.

Peter