C interface requirements under Linux

From
"D. Stimits"
Date:
This is partially a test message, I just subscribed to this newsgroup,
and my Internet connection is ready to die on me.

First, is this the correct list to ask questions about the C interface
for PostgreSQL 7.2.3 on Redhat 7.3 Linux? I'm trying to build an
extension function into the sever, I'll ask more if this is the right list.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net

Re: C interface requirements under Linux

From
Joe Conway
Date:
D. Stimits wrote:
> This is partially a test message, I just subscribed to this newsgroup,
> and my Internet connection is ready to die on me.

Got it OK ;-)

> First, is this the correct list to ask questions about the C interface
> for PostgreSQL 7.2.3 on Redhat 7.3 Linux? I'm trying to build an
> extension function into the sever, I'll ask more if this is the right list.

Do you mean a user defined C function, to be called from a SQL
statement? In that case probably the GENERAL list, or even HACKERS is
more appropriate.

BTW, if you're just starting a project, you ought to consider moving to
the latest release (7.3.4), or even trying out the 7.4beta. But at the
very least, upgrade to 7.2.4.

Joe