PGACCESS para WinNT

From
"Hugo Fernandez Bernabe"
Listeros :

Una ayuda por favor tengo instalado el PGACCESS para WinNT y intento
conectarme por TCP/IP a la Base de Datos BDNET que se encuentra en una
maquina servidor con Red Hat 8.0 , entonces cuando quiero conectarme sale
un aviso :

Error trying to connect to database 'DBNET' on host 120.226.126.252

PostgreSQL error message :
Connection to database failed FATAL 1: No pg_hba.conf entry for
host 120.226.126.250 , user admin,
database DBNET,
''

Como soluciono este problema donde configuro y que cambio , estare atento a
sus comentarios.

Gracias.

Hugo.

Re: PGACCESS para WinNT

From
Tomasz Myrta
Date:
Dnia 2003-06-20 04:31, Użytkownik Hugo Fernandez Bernabe napisał:
> Listeros :
>
> Una ayuda por favor tengo instalado el PGACCESS para WinNT y intento
> conectarme por TCP/IP a la Base de Datos BDNET que se encuentra en una
> maquina servidor con Red Hat 8.0 , entonces cuando quiero conectarme sale
> un aviso :
>
> Error trying to connect to database 'DBNET' on host 120.226.126.252
>
> PostgreSQL error message :
> Connection to database failed FATAL 1: No pg_hba.conf entry for
> host 120.226.126.250 , user admin,
> database DBNET,
> ''
>
> Como soluciono este problema donde configuro y que cambio , estare atento a
> sus comentarios.
>
> Gracias.
>
> Hugo.
I don't understand your language, but add:
host    all         all         120.226.126.250    255.255.255.255   trust
to your pg_hba.conf file and restart postgresql.
You can change trust to some other security option if you want.

Regards,
Tomasz Myrta

Re: PGACCESS para WinNT

From
Michiel Lange
Date:
It's hard for me to read that language (is it spanish?)
Anyway: the error means:
in your pg_hba.conf for the database server you are running there is no
entry for the host that you try to connect.
Read the documentation on how you can create various kinds of connectivity...

Michiel
At 21:31 19-6-2003 -0500, Hugo Fernandez Bernabe wrote:
>Listeros :
>
>Una ayuda por favor tengo instalado el PGACCESS para WinNT y intento
>conectarme por TCP/IP a la Base de Datos BDNET que se encuentra en una
>maquina servidor con Red Hat 8.0 , entonces cuando quiero conectarme sale
>un aviso :
>
>Error trying to connect to database 'DBNET' on host 120.226.126.252
>
>PostgreSQL error message :
>Connection to database failed FATAL 1: No pg_hba.conf entry for
>host 120.226.126.250 , user admin,
>database DBNET,
>''
>
>Como soluciono este problema donde configuro y que cambio , estare atento a
>sus comentarios.
>
>Gracias.
>
>Hugo.

Perl

From
"Giorgio Ponza"
Date:
Sorry if i ask you, but reading the past messages didn't help me
I'm trying to configure dbmirror for my PostgreSQL 7.3.3 installation, but
when i try to execute the DBMirror.sql, i get the error:

Can't locate Pg.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i686-linux/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i686-linux
/usr
/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at
./DBMirror
.pl line 76.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./DBMirror.pl line 76.

I installed PostgreSQL 7.3.3 with the --with-perl (also --with-tcl)
The dbmirror README says to see in src/interfaces/perl5 but i don't have
that dir.
I also see in /usr/local/pgsql/lib and there is the plperl.so file
Can anyone help me?

tx

Giorgio Ponza

Re: Perl

From
greg@turnstep.com
Date:

Re: Perl

From
"Giorgio Ponza"
Date:
Tx for the answer, i found also this link
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgperl/projdisplay.php
i installed and now it works (not yet dbmirror, but i am trying)

I will try all the two
Tx again
Giorgio Ponza

You wrote:
> Pg.pm is the PostgreSQL version of the DBI driver for Perl. You can
install
> it from here:

http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/mod_perl/cpan-search?site=ftp.funet.fi;modinfo=
4348

> Once installed, you should no longer see the error above. If you have any
> problems, feel free to email the list.

Re: Perl

From
Keith Keller
Date:
On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 02:00:32PM -0000, greg@turnstep.com wrote:

> > Sorry if i ask you, but reading the past messages didn't help me
> > I'm trying to configure dbmirror for my PostgreSQL 7.3.3 installation, but
> > when i try to execute the DBMirror.sql, i get the error:
> >
> > Can't locate Pg.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
>
> Pg.pm is the PostgreSQL version of the DBI driver for Perl.

Actually, Pg.pm is also a non-DBI interface to PostgreSQL:

http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/mod_perl/cpan-search?site=ftp.funet.fi;modinfo=14303

If the script has "use Pg;", then this is the module you need.  If it
says "use DBI;", then you need the first module Greg mentioned.

--keith

--
kkeller@speakeasy.net
alt.os.linux.slackware FAQ:  http://wombat.san-francisco.ca.us/cgi-bin/fom