Large Objects

From
"Nisha Joseph"
Date:
Hi,

My application ,written in VC++ requires to copy data in a Microsoft Access
Database to
Postgres database,remotely. I have been using odbc Driver 7.02.005 with
Postgresql 7.3.2 .

I need to transfer photographs stored as OLEObjecttype in a
Microsoft Aceess 2000 database to the  Postgres database.Right now I am
using bytea type for storing photographs in the Postgresql database.

I want to store the photographs as Large Objects in the Postgres database.

Can anyone please help me regarding this?Can  you provide with sample code
for this?

Thanks in Advance

Nisha

Re: Large Objects

From
"Jeroen T. Vermeulen"
Date:
On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 12:08:46PM +0000, Nisha Joseph wrote:

> I want to store the photographs as Large Objects in the Postgres database.
>
> Can anyone please help me regarding this?Can  you provide with sample code
> for this?

Try libpqxx; the development versions have had large object support for
months now.  The only reason I haven't bumped that feature to stable yet
is that I don't have any test cases for mixed-mode access yet (ie.,
mixing read and write objects to the same large object).

It offers two interface levels for large objects: as standard C++ I/O
streams or as more C-style "write n bytes" or "write this std::string"
operations on handle objects.  Either should suit you, although you'd
want to be careful to disable whitespace skipping and such on I/O streams.

Find it at http://pqxx.tk/

Jeroen

Re: Large Objects

From
Christoph Haller

> My application ,written in VC++ requires to copy data in a Microsoft
Access
> Database to
> Postgres database,remotely. I have been using odbc Driver 7.02.005
with
> Postgresql 7.3.2 .
>
> I need to transfer photographs stored as OLEObjecttype in a
> Microsoft Aceess 2000 database to the  Postgres database.Right now I
am
> using bytea type for storing photographs in the Postgresql database.
>
> I want to store the photographs as Large Objects in the Postgres
database.

> Can anyone please help me regarding this?Can  you provide with sample
code
> for this?

Nisha,
Did you already go to
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/MSAccess
I'm not familiar with stuff like that, but to me it looks like
it's answering every question you might have.
Regards, Christoph