Re: the current 'schema' tab - renaming ideas

From
"Iavor Raytchev"
Date:
> >>  Hm... In MS Access it is called 'Relations' which sounds kind of
> >>  correct.
>
> Actually, the window is called "Relationships", not "Relations"....

Correct. Was lazy to look it up. Does this change something?

Iavor

Re: the current 'schema' tab - renaming ideas

From
terry
Date:
>>  > >>  Hm... In MS Access it is called 'Relations' which sounds kind
>>  > >> of correct.
>>  >
>>  > Actually, the window is called "Relationships", not
>>  > "Relations"....
>>
>>  Correct. Was lazy to look it up. Does this change something?

Not really, I was just following up on the discussion about the
incorrect use of the term Relations by MS Access.  I don't think that
Relationships is a bad tab label - except that it's a bit long for the
current size tabs :).

Access's Relationships are all placed on one canvas, regardless of
whether or not there are several independent diagrams present.  If this
model is to be used by pgaccess, it would make just as much sense to
put 'Relationships' into the Database menu instead of a tab, since the
New, Open, and Design actions would not mean anything.

the-$0.02-of-an-old-Access-developer-wishing-the-best-to-pgaccess ...

terry

Re: the current 'schema' tab - renaming ideas

From
"Iavor Raytchev"
Iavor and terry:

> >>  Correct. Was lazy to look it up. Does this change something?
>
> Not really, I was just following up on the discussion about the
> incorrect use of the term Relations by MS Access.  I don't think that
> Relationships is a bad tab label - except that it's a bit
> long for the
> current size tabs :).
>
> Access's Relationships are all placed on one canvas, regardless of
> whether or not there are several independent diagrams
> present.  If this
> model is to be used by pgaccess, it would make just as much sense to
> put 'Relationships' into the Database menu instead of a tab,
> since the
> New, Open, and Design actions would not mean anything.
>
> the-$0.02-of-an-old-Access-developer-wishing-the-best-to-pgaccess ...

There are no tabs anymore. The new interface is... you should download
and see it.

Also - there was the idea to rename 'Schema' to 'Diagrams' as there can
be many such - snapshots of different parts of the database. Useful when
one has to write a documentation (I did this once).

And then - a 'visual referential integrity manager' (a future feature)
that will allow referential integrity to be viewed/created/edited in a
visual manner.

So - for the native speakers - there is an option the 'Visual
referential integrity manager' to be called 'Relationships'.

Any native comments?

Iavor