libpqxx update

From
"Jeroen T. Vermeulen"
Date:
My new C++ frontend to PostgreSQL, libpqxx, now has a little home page
of its own.  Find it at:
http://members.ams.chello.nl/j.vermeulen31/proj-libpqxx.html

History is included on the page.  Among the hottest updates are support
for back_insert_iterators in TableWriter (which lets you write tuples to
a table using "*i++ = Row;" syntax), and a more self-reliant setup of
the little test programs so the Makefile can run a simple regression
test with a minimum of human preparation.

Documentation is still in SGML, similar to the dialect found in the
PostgreSQL docs themselves.  The tutorial has been expanded slightly,
and a "why yet another C++ SQL frontend" section has been added.

Let me know what you think!

Jeroen

frontend/backend protocol

From
Bruce Badger
Date:
Have there been any changes made to the "frontend/backend protocol"
(messages & all that) for PostgreSQL 7.3?

Are there any changes brewing (perhaps for PostgreSQL 8.0)?

I ask because the PostgreSQL driver I have written for Smalltalk works
at this level.

Thanks,  Bruce