Static library for libpq?

From
Michael Lam
Date:
Is there a way to build a static library for libpq, 7.1.3?
When I checked only the Win32 version gets a static as well as a dynamic
library. (i.e. Unix boxes only get the .so's)

Is there a way we can change the config files to force a static library?

Thanks in advance, I'm using Solaris Forte compiler if that matter...

Re: Static library for libpq?

From
Michael Lam
Date:
That claim...besause I did it.  I use the cc compiler from Sun Workshop I'm
not sure if that's what is causing it..

Re: Static library for libpq?

Date:
Michael Lam <mlam@rim.net> writes:
> When I checked only the Win32 version gets a static as well as a dynamic
> library. (i.e. Unix boxes only get the .so's)

On what do you base that claim?

$ ls ~postgres/testversion/lib
libecpg.a        libpgeasy.sl.2@  libpq++.sl*      plpgsql.sl*
libecpg.sl*      libpgtcl.a       libpq++.sl.4@    pltcl.sl*
libecpg.sl.3@    libpgtcl.sl*     libpq.a
libpgeasy.a      libpgtcl.sl.2@   libpq.sl*
libpgeasy.sl*    libpq++.a        libpq.sl.2@

Looks like plenty of .a's to me on this HPUX box ... also, a cursory
look at Makefile.shlib shows the static library is built and installed
on all non-Windows platforms.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Static library for libpq?

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Michael Lam writes:

> Is there a way to build a static library for libpq, 7.1.3?

Static libraries are always built by default.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net