Query for Postgre

From
"Sanjay Pandey"
Date:
Hi
I am very new to postgres database.I want to connect to postgres using c++.
If you have any example or link , please forward me.
Any help would be appretiated.

Thanks
Sanjay
(spandey@newgen.net)

Re: Query for Postgre

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Sanjay Pandey writes:

> I am very new to postgres database.I want to connect to postgres using c++.
> If you have any example or link , please forward me.

http://www.de.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.1/postgres/libpqplusplus.html

Re: Query for Postgre

From
Carlos Moreno
Date:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Sanjay Pandey writes:
>
> > I am very new to postgres database.I want to connect to postgres using c++.
> > If you have any example or link , please forward me.
>
> http://www.de.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.1/postgres/libpqplusplus.html

Has someone thought about including a simple demo to introduce
the topic?  I know different people learn different ways, but
a dry description/listing of things with a description of the
parameters doesn't really help the learning process.

I wrote a simple tutorial for my students, and it is available on

http://www.mochima.com/webtech/sql.c++

(that's addressed to the original poster, but it is also addressed
to whoever maintains the documentation -- i.e., if you think it is
illustrative enough, you could include it at the intro of the
documentation)

Carlos
--

Re: Query for Postgre

From
Michael Meskes
Date:
On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 09:33:47AM -0700, Sanjay Pandey wrote:
> I am very new to postgres database.I want to connect to postgres using c++.
> If you have any example or link , please forward me.

Please check ecpg. I know some people are using it with C++.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De

Re: Query for Postgre

Date:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 09:33:47AM -0700, Sanjay Pandey wrote:
> > I am very new to postgres database.I want to connect to postgres using c++.
> > If you have any example or link , please forward me.
>
> Please check ecpg. I know some people are using it with C++.

Wow, I didn't know it worked with C and C++.  Great.  Should we document
this somewhere?

Pennsylvania19026

Re: Query for Postgre

From
Michael Meskes
Date:
On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 04:53:58PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Wow, I didn't know it worked with C and C++.  Great.  Should we document
> this somewhere?

Would make sense, wouldn't it? :-)

Michael
--

Date:
> On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 04:53:58PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Wow, I didn't know it worked with C and C++.  Great.  Should we document
> > this somewhere?
>
> Would make sense, wouldn't it? :-)

I have added a mention on C++ in ecpg.sgml and cleaned up lots of the
content.  You can see the results in the development docs tomorrow.

Pennsylvania19026