installing pgsql_perl_perl5-1.9.0

From
frederick
Date:
I posted a message earlier about how "perl Makefile.PL" was reporting an
error: "cant open MakeMaker.tmp".  I got about the problem.  I
uninstalled the perl that came with RH, download perl again from their
website and reinstalled it, and it worked!  There must be something
wrong with the perl installation that came with RH7.  I have another
problem.  Steps 1-3 worked fine. (i.e "make test" was successful) The
last step "make install" gives the error:

[root@cr833060-a pgsql_perl5-1.9.0]# make intstall
make: *** No rule to make target `intstall'.  Stop.

As suggested I logged on as root, got into the installation directory,
but there is no install file to make.  Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

Re: installing pgsql_perl_perl5-1.9.0

From
Paul Breen
Date:
Hello frederick,

> [root@cr833060-a pgsql_perl5-1.9.0]# make intstall
> make: *** No rule to make target `intstall'.  Stop.

'make install' is a makefile rule, not a file.  The problem you have is
that you typed 'install' wrong - its 'install' NOT 'intstall'!                                           >>>>------^

Paul M. Breen, Software Engineer - Computer Park Ltd.

Tel:   (01536) 417155
Email: pbreen@computerpark.co.uk