Compiling ecpg on SCO

From
Scott Holmes
Date:
I'm not sure this belongs with interfaces but the code is found in that
directory of the distribution (7.0.2).  The compile on SCO fails with the
message that nocachegetattr is undefined, first mentioned in pgc.o

I can find no mention of it but it does appear that at least this particular
SCO box is missing a library.  The FAQ_SCO does not mention this problem and
this is the first time I've dealt with PostgreSQL on a SCO, so if anyone can
help me with this problem I would be grateful.

Scott

Re: Compiling ecpg on SCO

Date:
Scott Holmes  <sholmes@pacificnet.net> writes:
> I'm not sure this belongs with interfaces but the code is found in that
> directory of the distribution (7.0.2).  The compile on SCO fails with the
> message that nocachegetattr is undefined, first mentioned in pgc.o

Try removing "#define DISABLE_COMPLEX_MACRO" from src/include/port/sco.h.
We've done that for 7.1, but I wonder if anyone is still running an SCO
compiler that needs it...
        regards, tom lane

Re: Compiling ecpg on SCO

From
Scott Holmes
Date:
Thank you for the suggestion, but it didn't make any difference with this
problem.

> Try removing "#define DISABLE_COMPLEX_MACRO" from src/include/port/sco.h.
> We've done that for 7.1, but I wonder if anyone is still running an SCO
> compiler that needs it...
>
>             regards, tom lane

Re: Compiling ecpg on SCO

Date:
Scott Holmes  <sholmes@pacificnet.net> writes:
> Thank you for the suggestion, but it didn't make any difference with this
> problem.

How hard did you try?  Given the lack of dependency info in the Postgres
makefiles, you should figure on a "make clean all" after any change to
a widely used header file.  Maybe even make distclean, reconfigure,
and rebuild.

Your report is not a new issue, and I'm pretty sure the change I
suggested does fix it, if allowed to propagate all the way through...
        regards, tom lane