From
"Aziz ABI"
Date:
Bonjour

Vous pouvez m'aider à créer une connexion ODBC à partir par un petit module VB.

Merci

Re: your mail

From
Bob Kline
Date:
On Sat, 9 Dec 2000, Aziz ABI wrote:

> Bonjour
>
> Vous pouvez m'aider � cr�er une connexion ODBC � partir par un petit
> module VB.
>
> Merci

Sure.

1. Set your pg_hba.conf to allow access from your Windows machine.
2. Install the ODBC driver for PostgreSQL on that machine.
3. Set up an ODBC DSN using that driver.
4. Here's some sample VB code to talk to the database using the DSN:
   Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset   Dim cn As String   Dim rc As Variant   Dim r, c As Integer   Set rs = New
ADODB.Recordset  cn = "DSN=pgtest;UID=moi;DATABASE=test"   rs.Open "SELECT * FROM t", cn, , , 1   Do While Not rs.EOF
   rc = rs.GetRows       For r = 0 To UBound(rc, 2)           For c = 0 To UBound(rc, 1)               Debug.Print r &
"" & c " " & rc(c, r)           Next c       Next r   Loop

Hope this help.

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline@rksystems.com

Re: Re: your mail

From
"Adam Lang"
Date:
For curiosity's sake... why are you using getrows?

Much easier to do:

dim fd as ADODB.Recordset
dim strRow as string
do while not rs.EOF   strRow = ""   for each fd in rs.Fields       strRow = strRow & " " & fd.value   next
debug.PrintstrRow   rs.MoveNext

Loop
set fd = nothing

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company
http://www.rutgersinsurance.com
> > Vous pouvez m'aider à créer une connexion ODBC à partir par un petit
> > module VB.
> >
> > Merci
> >

> Sure.
>
> 1. Set your pg_hba.conf to allow access from your Windows machine.
> 2. Install the ODBC driver for PostgreSQL on that machine.
> 3. Set up an ODBC DSN using that driver.
> 4. Here's some sample VB code to talk to the database using the DSN:
>
>     Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset
>     Dim cn As String
>     Dim rc As Variant
>     Dim r, c As Integer
>     Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
>     cn = "DSN=pgtest;UID=moi;DATABASE=test"
>     rs.Open "SELECT * FROM t", cn, , , 1
>     Do While Not rs.EOF
>         rc = rs.GetRows
>         For r = 0 To UBound(rc, 2)
>             For c = 0 To UBound(rc, 1)
>                 Debug.Print r & " " & c " " & rc(c, r)
>             Next c
>         Next r
>     Loop
>
> Hope this help.
>
> --
> Bob Kline
> mailto:bkline@rksystems.com
> http://www.rksystems.com

Re: Re: your mail

From
Bob Kline
Date:
On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Adam Lang wrote:

> For curiosity's sake... why are you using getrows?
>
> Much easier to do:
>
> dim fd as ADODB.Recordset
> dim strRow as string
> do while not rs.EOF
>     strRow = ""
>     for each fd in rs.Fields
>         strRow = strRow & " " & fd.value
>     next
>     debug.Print strRow
>     rs.MoveNext
> Loop
> set fd = nothing

Sure, that works, too.  All I was trying to illustrate was how he could
establish the connection, which is what he originally asked.  Turns out
that's not what he meant, though.  What he really wanted to know was how
to create the data source programmatically.

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline@rksystems.com
http://www.rksystems.com

passwd

From
Katsuyuki Tanaka
Date:
Can anyone tell me how to set passwd for users? I dowhat I told in pg_passwd man it doesn;t seem to work.eg, when I do
  psql -u testdb    UserName: user    password: ....

anything i type in password let user access testdb,I beilive that this username and password are what we have toput in
jdbcgetConnection? Am I right?

one more question if one user create db is this accessable from other users? Seem to me it si now since my
authentificationis notworking .....

ThanksKatsu