jdbc7.0-1.2.jar

From
Lars Nielsen Lind
Date:
Hi. <p>I have some problems with PostgreSQL 7.0.2 and JBuilder 4 Foundation and JavaServer Pages. My development
platformis Red Hat 7.0 and JDK 1.3. <p>When I try to compile my JavaBean (DatabaseHandler) it freeze's when it reach
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql:testdatabase","user","1234");</i><br/>3.) System.out.println("2");
sequence....andwhen I use the JavaBean with JavaServer Pages I get a java.lang.NullPointerException. <p>I start the
PostgreSQLdatabase server with this command: <p>/usr/bin/postmaster -D -i /home/user/databaseserver <p>I have added the
followingline to /etc/profile: <p>CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/usr/lib/pgsql/jdbc7.0-1.2.jar <p>In JBuilder 4 Foundation the
/usr/lib/pgsql/jdbc7.0-1.2.jarhave been added to the Class tab in the Configure JDKs dialog box. <br />  <p>Lars

Re: jdbc7.0-1.2.jar

From
Joseph Shraibman
Date:
Lars Nielsen Lind wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have some problems with PostgreSQL 7.0.2 and JBuilder 4 Foundation
> and JavaServer Pages. My development platform is Red Hat 7.0 and JDK
> 1.3.
>
> When I try to compile my JavaBean (DatabaseHandler) it freeze's when
> it reach the no. 2 codeline (have printed "1"):
>
> 1.) System.out.println("1");
> 2.) conn =
> DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql:testdatabase","user","1234");
>
> 3.) System.out.println("2");
>
> Where "user" = linux database admin and "1234" = linux password.

The user and password aren't the same as the linux user and password.
They are seperate for postgres.  See the admin pages for how to add a
new user.

--
Joseph Shraibman
jks@selectacast.net

RE: jdbc7.0-1.2.jar

From
Peter Mount
Date:
This looks like a bug in JBuilder. It's having some unusual problem trying
to compile DriverManager.getConnection() which is part of the JDK not the
driver, hence out of our control (no JDBC driver has anything to do with
compiling apps).

This is the second or third report of this I've seen, so it might be good to
check on Borland/Imprise's site to see if anyone else has seen this
behaviour before.

Peter

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support Officer, Maidstone Borough Council
I have some problems with PostgreSQL 7.0.2 and JBuilder 4 Foundation and
JavaServer Pages. My development platform is Red Hat 7.0 and JDK 1.3.
When I try to compile my JavaBean (DatabaseHandler) it freeze's when it
reach the no. 2 codeline (have printed "1"):
1.) System.out.println("1");
2.) conn =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql:testdatabase","user","1234");
3.) System.out.println("2");
Where "user" = linux database admin and "1234" = linux password.
JBuilder never finishes the compile sequence....and when I use the JavaBean
E-mail address: larslind@systemudvikling.dk