open for other OSes!?

From
Rasca Gmelch
Date:
hi pgsql ODBC developers,

it would be nice if you could use in the future a little bit
other define constructs in the C and H files.

instead of:

#ifndef WIN32
..
#else
..
#endif

use e.g.:

#ifdef WIN32
..
#elif MACOS
..
#elif <what ever is needed>
..
#else
..
#endif

this would be nice for others who want to port it to
other OSes..

curasca
--
Triad Berlin Projektgesellschaft mbH * Marburger Str. 3 * D-10789 Berlin
Fon +49 (0)30 219098-69 * Fax +49 (0)30 219098-61 * http://www.triad.de/

Re: open for other OSes!?

From
Thomas Lockhart
Date:
> this would be nice for others who want to port it to
> other OSes..

No problem to do that: but no point to it until someone does the first
new port. Are you volunteering? :)
                    - Thomas

Re: open for other OSes!?

From
Rasca Gmelch
Date:
hi thomas,

Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > this would be nice for others who want to port it to
> > other OSes..
>
> No problem to do that: but no point to it until someone does the first
> new port. Are you volunteering? :)

at least i want to start to get an overview of the source, api
and how to compile on a mac. until now i can't estimate if
i would be able to port it to mac os.

but the problems begun at the ifdef stuff.. and it would be
nice to have a better prepared source archive before sticking
into porting .. producing diffs.. etc.

btw. is there a VI port
for mac which can handle ascii files with \n at the end
of the line?

curasca
--

Date:
> but the problems begun at the ifdef stuff.. and it would be
> nice to have a better prepared source archive before sticking
> into porting .. producing diffs.. etc.

Well, at the moment we have over twenty platforms supported (though much
fewer tested with ODBC). For APIs there is WIN32 and Everyone Else, and
there is no point in cluttering up the code with *empty* #ifdef blocks
for platforms which do not exist. As I said, feel free to add a port,
and looking for #ifdef WIN32 is likely to give you a good clue as to
what areas need to be customized for MACOS.

> btw. is there a VI port
> for mac which can handle ascii files with \n at the end
> of the line?

Sorry, I have no idea. I stopped using Macs a few years ago...

Regards.
                  - Thomas