Problem with ODBC (6.50), PostgreSQL 7.0.2 and MS Access

From
Jeroen Buskens
Date:
Hi,

I ran into a problem connecting to PostgreSQL 7.0 using ODBC. So far with a
6.5 database everything worked fine.
I installed 7.0 on a new machine, but when trying to make an ODBC connection
from Access 97, I get an error (something like 'cannot connect to port
#101'). Yesterday I updated the database to version 7.0.2 (and made sure
that I included ODBC support during compilation), but the ODBC driver still
gives the same error. Since 7.0.2 interactive postgresql is not working
anymore either (did work with 7.0). It does not give any error.

Jeroen

Re: Problem with ODBC (6.50), PostgreSQL 7.0.2 and MS Access

From
"Jason Doller"
Date:
Hi All

I am also having problems with ODBC and Access.

Linked tables I created before the upgrade (from 6.5.?) work fine.
Linked tables created AFTER the upgrade (to 7.0.2) allow adding of
records, but not deleting or modifying of records.

Any suggestions?  I have tried with both 6.5 and 6.40.009 versions of
ODBC.

Cheers

Jason Doller