JDBC on HP-UX

From
"Sondaar, Roelof"
Date:
Hello Everybody,

If I am in the wrong list, please let me know.

I have a problem to get JDBC running.

I get the following messages:
java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver       at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:103)
atjava.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:126)       at DBqueryWindow.openDB(DBqueryWindow.java:554)
  at DBqueryWindow.actionPerformed(DBqueryWindow.java:260)       at java.awt.Button.processActionEvent(Button.java:256)
     at java.awt.Button.processEvent(Button.java:229)       at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Compiled Code)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Compiled Code)       at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:79)

I downloaded the JDBC drivers from retep.. jdbc6_5-1_1.jar.
I am running PostgreSQL 6.5.3 on hpux10.20.
The CLASSPATH seems OK
(CLASSPATH=.:/opt/java:/home/snlsor/java:/home/snlsor/bin:/opt/java/jdbc/pos
tgresql/jdbc6_5-1_1.jar).

Perhaps someone can shed some light on this.

Best regards,
Roelof

RE: JDBC on HP-UX

From
Peter Mount
Date:
There's two things that could go wrong here. The first one is the CLASSPATH,
but you have the jar file in there correctly, but did you export CLASSPATH?
If not, the shell won't pass it on to any child processes including java.

The other is the jdbc url. It should begin: jdbc:postgresql: If the url
doesn't match, then thr driver won't recognise it, and you'll get the same
error.

Peter

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support

[...]

Date:
Hello Peter,

Thank you for your quick response.
You are absolutely right, I had the url wrong.

Thanks again,
Roelof

Re: JDBC on HP-UX

From
Gunnar R|nning
Date:
Peter Mount <petermount@it.maidstone.gov.uk> writes:

> There's two things that could go wrong here. The first one is the CLASSPATH,
> but you have the jar file in there correctly, but did you export CLASSPATH?
> If not, the shell won't pass it on to any child processes including java.
>
> The other is the jdbc url. It should begin: jdbc:postgresql: If the url
> doesn't match, then thr driver won't recognise it, and you'll get the same
> error.

Couldn't it also be that he hasn't told the system about the jdbc driver ?
You have to supply the driver as a -Djdbc.drivers argument or load it from
your Java code.

regards,
Gunnar

RE: JDBC on HP-UX