RE: [INTERFACES] Last best version of the JDBC Driver?

From
Peter Mount
Date:
The one in CVS is the one that should have been 6.5.3.

However, I do have at home the one that should be for 7.0. However due
to problems here (like a network that keeps dying on me, and other nice
little problems), I've not finished it yet into a state that can be
included into CVS.

PS: The org.postgresql change has been done, but not fully tested.

Peter

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support
Maidstone Borough Council

-----Original Message-----
From: Hakan Tandogan [mailto:hakan42@gmx.de]
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2000 1:28 PM
To: pgsql-interfaces@postgreSQL.org
Subject: [INTERFACES] Last best version of the JDBC Driver?

Hi,
Is the version of the JDBC driver I'm getting via CVS really the
last
best one? I remember reading on the hackers list that the driver was
about to
be repackaged to "org.postgresql", but I don't see this change in the
CVS
archive. In fact, the last timestamp change I'm seeing is from 15.
September.

Just curious,    Hakan

--
Hakan Tandogan                                       hakan@iconsult.com

ICONSULT Tandogan - Egerer GbR                   Tel.: +49-9131-9047-0
Memelstrasse 38 - D-91052 Erlangen               Fax.: +49-9131-9047-77

"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature"

************

RE: [INTERFACES] Last best version of the JDBC Driver?

From
Hakan Tandogan
Date:
On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> The one in CVS is the one that should have been 6.5.3.
>
> However, I do have at home the one that should be for 7.0. However due
> to problems here (like a network that keeps dying on me, and other nice
> little problems), I've not finished it yet into a state that can be
> included into CVS.
Will those changes be in 7.0 final or is the "feature freeze" already
in effect? If you want, I'd be delighted to test pre-releases of your 7.0
driver.
BTW, did you read my other mail about BINARY field types? Any chance
that 7.0 could help me with that problem? For example, the LO type could be
reported as BINARY...
Regards,    Hakan
--
Hakan Tandogan                                       hakan@iconsult.com

ICONSULT Tandogan - Egerer GbR                   Tel.: +49-9131-9047-0
Memelstrasse 38 - D-91052 Erlangen               Fax.: +49-9131-9047-77

"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature"

Re: [INTERFACES] Last best version of the JDBC Driver?

From
"Joe Shevland"
Date:
Peter,

Would you like some help on this :) ? Seems
you're fighting a battle alone when theres
no need... I can provide CVS etc. and binary
downloads, if you say the word... the only
problem is that it would be a .com.au domain
name, but I'd make sure I'm not complicit in
any advertising etc... Also :P I'm dying
to get my hands on 7.0 :)

Cheers
Joe