pgaccess question

From
Michael Meskes
Date:
I just used pgaccess for the first time and i have to say I'm impressed. But
there is one problem I have encountered. Why isn't it possible to create a
report from a view? I defined the query I like to be reported as view so I
can see the date even when using psql. But I cannot create a report from it
without doubling my effort.

Or did I miss something obvious?

Michael
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!

Re: [INTERFACES] pgaccess question

From
Hans Matzen
Date:
hi Michael,

it is possible but you have to type the viewname manually in the
datasource field of the report generator. the views are not
listed but its there, believe me :-))

hans

Am Mon, 13 Dez 1999
schrieb Michael Meskes: > I just used pgaccess for the first time

Date:
On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 01:17:06PM +0100, Hans Matzen wrote:
> it is possible but you have to type the viewname manually in the
> datasource field of the report generator. the views are not
> listed but its there, believe me :-))

Yup, that works. I never even thought about manually typing anything. :-)

However, I found some missing questions quite annoying. For instance it
would be nice if pgaccess asked me if I really want to close and throw away
the unsaced changes.

Michael
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!

Re: [INTERFACES] pgaccess question

From
Hans Matzen
Date:
hi,
> However, I found some missing questions quite annoying. For instance it
> would be nice if pgaccess asked me if I really want to close and throw away
> the unsaced changes.

it does but only in forms :-))

think we have to ask Teo if he wants to add this feature to the
report generator and maybe to others like views, tables
and so on ?
maybe this means a lot of work for him

hans