ODBC driver

From
"Patrick Welche"
Date:
I promised to mail someone from this list an odbc driver, but stupidly
deleted his email address. Please remind me who you are!

Cheers,

Patrick

[INTERFACES] ODBC driver

From
Adolfo Diaz
Date:
Hello,
I am waiting for you.

Regards,
Adolfo.

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, Patrick Welche wrote:

> I promised to mail someone from this list an odbc driver, but stupidly
> deleted his email address. Please remind me who you are!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Patrick
>
> ************

sequences

From
StOo
Date:
Hi, The size of a sequence is 32bit , correct? (im pretty damn sure it is). Is
there any way I can tune this to 64bit, There is an int8 option in postgres as
I use that already.Threre is a skanky way of creating an incremenetd counter
whilst using an int8 but I would rather up the sequence in the code. Anyone got
any ideas where to look? I am aware that the int8 is signed but that doest matter currently.

+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=StOo=-=-=-=-=-=-=-+

Stuart Hodgkinson Stuart@comodo.net

Re: [INTERFACES] sequences

From
Thomas Lockhart
Date:
>  The size of a sequence is 32bit , correct? (im pretty damn sure it is). Is
> there any way I can tune this to 64bit, There is an int8 option in postgres as
> I use that already.Threre is a skanky way of creating an incremenetd counter
> whilst using an int8 but I would rather up the sequence in the code. Anyone got
> any ideas where to look?

Look in src/backend/parser/gram.y and analyze.c for where sequences
(the serial type) is handled. The code actually just embeds the
"skanky" technique to hide it from the user. A very first cut might be
to make this configurable by defining, say, SERIAL_IS_INT64. Patches
accepted ;)
                   - Thomas

South Pasadena, California