odbc DM 3.5x

From
"Sergio A. Kessler"
Date:
Byron,

any plans to include 3.5x driver manager in the future ?

the current (6.40.0007) is causing damage when a new DM
is in the system, because in that situation the 'Install
driver manager' is choosed by the installer.

After that, your Odbc control panel doesn't work anymore...

I've tryed this on many machines and the solution is to choose
'install driver manager with version checking', the odd thing
is that 'Install driver manager' come as default.

Sergio

Re: [INTERFACES] odbc DM 3.5x

From
Byron Nikolaidis

"Sergio A. Kessler" wrote:

> Byron,
>
> any plans to include 3.5x driver manager in the future ?

Do you know where to get the redistributable version?

> I've tryed this on many machines and the solution is to choose
> 'install driver manager with version checking', the odd thing
> is that 'Install driver manager' come as default.

I'll look into changing this.  I don't remember if the simple
Installshield allows you to pick the default.

Byron

Re: [INTERFACES] odbc DM 3.5x

From
"Sergio A. Kessler"
Date:
Byron Nikolaidis <byronn@solipsys.com> el día Wed, 08 Sep 1999 16:09:08
-0400, escribió:

>"Sergio A. Kessler" wrote:
>
>> Byron,
>>
>> any plans to include 3.5x driver manager in the future ?
>>

>Do you know where to get the redistributable version?

I can't enter to:
http://www.microsoft.com/data/odbc/default.htm
but must be there, no ?
(wondering what f* crap m$ is using as server)

>> I've tryed this on many machines and the solution is to choose
>> 'install driver manager with version checking', the odd thing
>> is that 'Install driver manager' come as default.
>>

>I'll look into changing this.  I don't remember if the simple
>Installshield allows you to pick the default.

if you can default to 'install with version checking' should be good...

[error from previous msg: what broke things is when the installer
choose (and you accept) 'do not install DM' and the already installed
is new]

Sergio

Re: [INTERFACES] odbc DM 3.5x

From
"Sergio A. Kessler"
Date:
"Sergio A. Kessler" <ser@perio.unlp.edu.ar> el día Thu, 9 Sep 1999 18:03:52 -0300,
escribió:

>Byron Nikolaidis <byronn@solipsys.com> el día Wed, 08 Sep 1999 16:09:08
>-0400, escribió:
>
>>"Sergio A. Kessler" wrote:
>>
>>> Byron,
>>>
>>> any plans to include 3.5x driver manager in the future ?
>>>

>>Do you know where to get the redistributable version?
>
>I can't enter to:
>http://www.microsoft.com/data/odbc/default.htm
>but must be there, no ?
>(wondering what f* crap m$ is using as server)

I found it in:

http://www.microsoft.com/data/download.htm

the problem is that the OdbcSDK is no longer distributed alone
anymore, instead you download (wich came with Ole DB, etc):

http://download.microsoft.com/download/dasdk/mdac/2.1.2.4202.3/W9xNT4/EN-US/mdac_typ.exe

(beware, 6MB)

I do this and installed in my machine, and then when you rebuild
the Install Shield proyect, IS should pick up the new Odbc dll's,
leaving out others dll's in the mdac (wich we don't need).
I tryed this in my home machine and work well, the entire proyect
can easily fit in 1MB.

Alternatively (as you are an Odbc driver author) you can download
the "Microsoft Data Access SDK 2.0 Stand Alone" in:
http://www.microsoft.com/data/download2.htm

(BEWARE, 37MB)

and then you also have the redistributables (a slighly modified
mdac_typ.exe) ...

Sergio