libpq AND C++ Builder

From
Jean-Christophe FABRE
Date:
Does anybody have a libpq.lib (or libpq++.lib) win32 version which works
fine with Borland C++ builder 4, or know where I can find it.

I tried to re-compile it with C++B4, but no luck.

The version which comes with the psql.exe distribution doesn't work
either.

Thanks

JC

Re: [INTERFACES] libpq AND C++ Builder

From
"Geoffrey C. Speicher"
Date:
> Does anybody have a libpq.lib (or libpq++.lib) win32 version which works
> fine with Borland C++ builder 4, or know where I can find it.

Any reason you don't want to use ODBC with BCB4?  Grab the driver from
http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc/ and set up a System DSN; all the BCB
data-aware components work just swell with it ... don't forget to check
"recognize unique indexes" in the advanced driver settings, or it will
probably crash on you like it did for me.

Or did you want to implement native versions of the components for
PostgreSQL?  :)

Geoff

Date:
> Does anybody have a libpq.lib (or libpq++.lib) win32 version which works
> fine with Borland C++ builder 4, or know where I can find it.

Any reason you don't want to use ODBC with BCB4?  Grab the driver from
http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc/ and set up a System DSN; all the BCB
data-aware components work just swell with it ... don't forget to check
"recognize unique indexes" in the advanced driver settings, or it will
probably crash on you like it did for me.

Or did you want to implement native versions of the components for
PostgreSQL?  :)

Geoff

Re: [INTERFACES] libpq AND C++ Builder

From
nico@clubdelphi.com (Nicolas Aragon)
Date:
Hello,

>Does anybody have a libpq.lib (or libpq++.lib) win32 version which works
>fine with Borland C++ builder 4, or know where I can find it.

No. But I have a header translation for Delphi, that you can compile
with BCB.

Take a look at: http://www.clubdelphi.com/nico/

There's a Postgres section with a link to the file. I haven't tested
it myself because I just have a PC, but some friends have told me that
it works fine.

Let me know if it works for you.

greetings
 Nico
 nico@clubdelphi.com

Pgaccess!!!

From
Adolfo Diaz
Date:
When I traying to run Pgaccess in Linux 6.0, I received the message:

Error in startup script: could not load file: "libpgtcl.so"
:/usr/lib/libpgtcl.so: undefined symbol: crypt while executing "load
libpgtcl.so" procedure "main" lin 6
invoked from within "main $argc, $argv"
( fie "/usr/lib/./pgaccess" line 4954).

Regards,
Adolfo Diaz.

Re: [INTERFACES] Pgaccess!!!

From
Lamar Owen
Date:
Adolfo Diaz wrote:

> When I traying to run Pgaccess in Linux 6.0, I received the message:
>
> Error in startup script: could not load file: "libpgtcl.so"
> :/usr/lib/libpgtcl.so: undefined symbol: crypt while executing "load
> libpgtcl.so" procedure "main" lin 6
> invoked from within "main $argc, $argv"
> ( fie "/usr/lib/./pgaccess" line 4954).
>
> Regards,
> Adolfo Diaz.

The PostgreSQL RPM's shipped with RedHat 6.0 have a problme -- and
that's the problem.  You can upgrade to the beta test 6.5.1 rpms (there
are two sets -- one on ftp.postgresql.org, and one on
http://www.ramifordistat.net -- either will fix this annoyance.).  Be
sure to read my rpm upgrade notes on
http://www.ramifordistat.net/postgres/rpm_upgrade.html first, as there
are some trickinesses involved.  And be sure to realize that these RPM's
are beta quality -- but, then again, most of the RPM's that have been
built for PostgreSQL by both RedHat and third parties have not exactly
been top quality.  RedHat has a bug report on this on their bugs site.

Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio