ECPG feature

From
"Pavel PaJaSoft Janousek"
Date:
    Hi,
   ECPG is very powerfull, I have one idea..
   If I have contruction ala:
   if (cond)       exec sql ....   else       exec sql...
   Yes, this MUST be for right run as there:
   if (cond)   {       exec sql...   }   else   {       exec sql ...   }
   So, why this brackets ('{' and '}') doesn't include ECPG? It may include
this brackets before and after every 'EXEC SQL' command...
   I know, that this is some modifications in output of parser... may
anybody do this modifications?

Pavel Janousek (PaJaSoft)                         FoNet, spol. s r. o.
Vyvoj software, sprava siti, Unix, Web, Y2K     Anenska 11, 602 00  Brno
E-mail: mailto:Janousek@FoNet.Cz                Tel.: +420  5  4324 4749
SMS:    mailto:P.Janousek@SMS.Paegas.Cz         Fax.: +420  5  4324 4751
WWW:    http://WWW.FoNet.Cz/                  E-mail: mailto:Info@FoNet.Cz

Re: [INTERFACES] ECPG feature

From
Michael Meskes
Date:
On Fri, May 21, 1999 at 09:53:08PM +0200, Pavel PaJaSoft Janousek wrote:
>     if (cond)
>         exec sql ....
>     else
>         exec sql...
>
>     Yes, this MUST be for right run as there:
>
>     if (cond)
>     {
>         exec sql...
>     }
>     else
>     {
>         exec sql ...
>     }

This looks like a bug. I will check it asap.

Michael
Email: Michael.Meskes@gmx.net          | Use PostgreSQL!

Re: [INTERFACES] ECPG feature

From
Michael Meskes
Date:
On Fri, May 21, 1999 at 09:53:08PM +0200, Pavel PaJaSoft Janousek wrote:
>     So, why this brackets ('{' and '}') doesn't include ECPG? It may include
> this brackets before and after every 'EXEC SQL' command...

Okay, I'm working on this. BTW Oracle's PRO*C doesn't do this. :-)

What's the current status of the code freeze. I take it I'm not allowed to
commit this change, am I?

Michael
Email: Michael.Meskes@gmx.net          | Use PostgreSQL!

Re: [INTERFACES] ECPG feature

From
Thomas Lockhart
Date:
> What's the current status of the code freeze. I take it I'm not allowed to
> commit this change, am I?

Sure, bug fixes are accepted at (almost) any time. Not sure what the
status of other stuff is, but I'm going to need some MVCC writeups for
the docs, and will need time to integrate them. There are a few other
bugs being chased, so I'm guessing that June 1 may slip a bit.
                     - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Re: [INTERFACES] ECPG feature

From
Michael Meskes
Date:
On Mon, May 24, 1999 at 02:16:28PM +0000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> Sure, bug fixes are accepted at (almost) any time. Not sure what the
> status of other stuff is, but I'm going to need some MVCC writeups for
> the docs, and will need time to integrate them. There are a few other
> bugs being chased, so I'm guessing that June 1 may slip a bit.

Thanks. I will commit the changes asap.

Michael
Email: Michael.Meskes@gmx.net          | Use PostgreSQL!

Re: [INTERFACES] ECPG feature

From
Craig Orsinger
Date:
On 23-May-99 Michael Meskes wrote:
>>     So, why this brackets ('{' and '}') doesn't include ECPG? It may include
>> this brackets before and after every 'EXEC SQL' command...
>
> Okay, I'm working on this. BTW Oracle's PRO*C doesn't do this. :-)
       In a somewhat trivial test of this situtation, Informix ESQL/C
did insert brackets. I'm using version 7.11 of ESQL/C, BTW.
       Here's the test code. It's nonsensical, of course. I was just
using it to find out what C code was generated.

int RcmDbClose( iDb )
DBid iDb ;  {  if( db_open )     EXEC SQL CLOSE DATABASE ;  else     EXEC SQL DATABASE rcm ;
  return( 0 ) ;  }
       Brackets were inserted for both parts of the "if" statement.

----------------------------------
Date: 25-May-99  Time: 10:11:54

Craig Orsinger                  (email: <orsingerc@epg.lewis.army.mil>)
Logicon RDA
Bldg. 8B28                      "Just another megalomaniac with ideas above his
6th & F Streets                 station. The Universe is full of them."
Ft. Lewis, WA   98433                   - The Doctor

Re: [INTERFACES] ECPG feature

From
Michael Meskes
Date:
On Tue, May 25, 1999 at 10:26:59AM -0700, Craig Orsinger wrote:
>         In a somewhat trivial test of this situtation, Informix ESQL/C
> did insert brackets. I'm using version 7.11 of ESQL/C, BTW.

As of May 25th PostgreSQL's ECPG does also do this. :-)