Re: [INTERFACES] How to store '

From
"Ken J. Wright"
Date:
You have to preceed each occurence of ' with a \.
So "test'string" becomes "test\'string".

Cheers!

Ken

At 08:02 PM 5/7/99 +0000, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Is there a way to store a string with the ' character in it ?
>I have to import a database with a lot of strings containing the '
>character.
>If it is not possible i should write a script to replace them with a `
>char.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Henk Jan

Re: [INTERFACES] How to store '

From
José Soares
Date:
"Ken J. Wright" ha scritto:

> You have to preceed each occurence of ' with a \.
> So "test'string" becomes "test\'string".

SQL92 says that you have to use the ' twice. If you want to write portable
code, then:

INSERT INTO table1 VALUES('WHAT''S THAT ?');
and it becomes: WHAT'S THAT ?.

PostgreSQL 6.5.0 on i586-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc 2.7.2.3
Jose'

Re: [INTERFACES] How to store '

From
abdelkrim
Date:
Hello

when I insert a complex numbre in a table of complex, psql  give me some
error :

pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or
while
processing the request.
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is
impossible.  Terminating.

thanks

problem with insertion in table

From