Compiling JDBC interface

From
"Adam H. Pendleton"
PostgreSQL: 6.4.2
OS: Linux 2.2.6
JDK: 1.2

I am trying to get the JDBC interface compiled and I get a very large number
of errors that say:

./postgresql/ResultSet.java:53: class postgresql.ResultSet must be declared
abstract. It does not define void updateTime(int, java.sql.Time) from
interface java.sql.ResultSet.
public class ResultSet implements java.sql.ResultSet

The class names change but the error remains the same?  Is this something
that I'm doing wrong, or is it a problem because I'm using JDK 1.2?

TIA,

Adam

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: [INTERFACES] Compiling JDBC interface

From
Brian P Millett
> I am trying to get the JDBC interface compiled and I get a very large number
> of errors that say:
>
> ./postgresql/ResultSet.java:53: class postgresql.ResultSet must be declared
> abstract. It does not define void updateTime(int, java.sql.Time) from
> interface java.sql.ResultSet.
> public class ResultSet implements java.sql.ResultSet
>
> The class names change but the error remains the same?  Is this something
> that I'm doing wrong, or is it a problem because I'm using JDK 1.2?

You need to get the JDBC driver from http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/
if you plan on using jdk1.2, else use jdk 1.1.X.

Click on the current Development jar which points to
http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/postgresql.jar

> Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.

I'm often told that I know too much for my own good.

--
Brian Millett
Enterprise Consulting Group     "Heaven can not exist,