Re: [ANNOUNCE] ODBC DRIVER v06-40-0002

From
Byron Nikolaidis

Dwight Johnson wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Dec 1998, Byron Nikolaidis wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Here is a MAJOR update to the odbc driver.  Lots of missing
>
> Hi Byron,
>
> Since the release is so major, I thought I might mention it on Linux
> Today. Most of our readers are still on Windows platforms at work and
> something that greatly increases the interoperability of PostgreSQL
> might be of interest.
>
> But you didn't mention in your announcement where the driver is
> available or if there is a reference web site for the work.
>
> I am holding the story pending more information.

Sorry... the Windows binary and core-source release is available at
http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc.  The full archived source and all
Unix support files are available through the Postgres site somehow
(http://www.postgresql.org).  To tell you the truth, once you get to the
Postgres site, I'm not sure where you go to download the odbc source?

Perhaps someone who knows more about that could chime in here???

Byron

Re: [ANNOUNCE] ODBC DRIVER v06-40-0002

From
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Date:
> Sorry... the Windows binary and core-source release is available at
> http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc.  The full archived source and all
> Unix support files are available through the Postgres site somehow
> (http://www.postgresql.org).

The Unix-buildable sources for the previous version are available as a
part of the current Postgres release (v6.4).

The new version of psqlODBC is available in the current Postgres
development tree, and will be posted as a "standalone" package on the
ftp site after a short testing period. It can be built standalone or can
be unpacked over an existing Postgres v6.4 source tree for updating.

I will post a message to y'all when that happens; perhaps Byron can put
a link to it on his web site and Hal can put a pointer to it on the
Postgres web site?

                         - Tom

Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> The Unix-buildable sources for the previous version are available as a
> part of the current Postgres release (v6.4).
>
> The new version of psqlODBC is available in the current Postgres
> development tree, and will be posted as a "standalone" package on the
> ftp site after a short testing period. It can be built standalone or can
> be unpacked over an existing Postgres v6.4 source tree for updating.
>
> I will post a message to y'all when that happens; perhaps Byron can put
> a link to it on his web site and Hal can put a pointer to it on the
> Postgres web site?

You bet...just give me a url.

Byron