Web Site Update for Applix+ODBC+PostgreSQL

From
"Cary B. O'Brien"
Date:
Thanks to Thomas, Gerald, and Robert there is now a preliminary
ODBC driver for Linux that ought to allow Applix Data to access
PostgreSQL databases.

You can read more at my Tiny Applixware Site

    http://www.access.digex.net/~cobrien/applix

See the "New News" section.  Any help on the open issues would
be helpful.

-- cary

Re: [INTERFACES] Web Site Update for Applix+ODBC+PostgreSQL

From
"Roeland M.J. Meyer"
Date:
Am I to understand that I *still* need an ODBC driver manager? The
documentation is not real clear on this.

At 10:43 AM 10/21/98 -0400, Cary B. O'Brien wrote:

>Thanks to Thomas, Gerald, and Robert there is now a preliminary
>ODBC driver for Linux that ought to allow Applix Data to access
>PostgreSQL databases.
>
>You can read more at my Tiny Applixware Site
>
>    http://www.access.digex.net/~cobrien/applix
>
>See the "New News" section.  Any help on the open issues would
>be helpful.
>
>-- cary

Roeland M.J. Meyer, ISOC (InterNIC RM993)
e-mail: <mailto:rmeyer@mhsc.com>rmeyer@mhsc.com
Internet phone: hawk.mhsc.com
Personal web pages: <http://www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer>www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site: <http://www.mhsc.com/>www.mhsc.com/
I bet the human brain is a kludge.
                -- Marvin Minsky

Re: [INTERFACES] Web Site Update for Applix+ODBC+PostgreSQL

From
Gerald Gryschuk
Date:
Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:

> Am I to understand that I *still* need an ODBC driver manager? The
> documentation is not real clear on this.

Whoops, did we somehow end up confusing the issue? Just so there's
no misunderstanding, YES you still need iodbc or any other ODBC
driver manager for Unix. I'm afraid Thomas probably left in my
comments which may have confused people, I only meant to suggest
that psqlodbc isn't specifically dependant on iodbc but
that it can be used with ANY driver manager.

--
Gerald Gryschuk
gerald.gryschuk@home.com

Re: [INTERFACES] Web Site Update for Applix+ODBC+PostgreSQL

From
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Date:
> ... there is now a preliminary
> ODBC driver for Linux that ought to allow Applix Data to access
> PostgreSQL databases.
> You can read more at my Tiny Applixware Site
>     http://www.access.digex.net/~cobrien/applix
> See the "New News" section.  Any help on the open issues would
> be helpful.

Hi Cary. A couple of things for your web info:

1) there is a typo on the "postgres web site" which has an extra "Q" in
"postgres". You may want to use "Postgres" or "PostgreSQL" instead.

2) The "very preliminary installation document" points to the
insightdist.com web site zipball, and discusses that installation. You
may want to point to
  ftp://postgresql.org/pub/patches/programmer.tar.gz

for the newer html chapter on ODBC instead.

Talk to you soon. Regards.

                     - Tom