ODBC?

From
"D. Dante Lorenso"
Date:
I've written several times and seen others write as well, but I'm
getting no answers.

What is going on with PostODBC?  I'm seeing several people saying
.21 and others saying .30a or .30b and I lately see .35... Is
anything compiled ready to be downloaded?

I need to connect to PostgreSQL 6.3 with ODBC, and I want to use
crypt with usernames and passwords.  I hope I can do this...if not,
How far away are we, and If I'm on the wrong mailing list, then where
SHOULD I be?

Dante

Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC?

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Thu, 5 Mar 1998, D. Dante Lorenso wrote:

> I've written several times and seen others write as well, but I'm
> getting no answers.
>
> What is going on with PostODBC?  I'm seeing several people saying
> .21 and others saying .30a or .30b and I lately see .35... Is
> anything compiled ready to be downloaded?
>
> I need to connect to PostgreSQL 6.3 with ODBC, and I want to use
> crypt with usernames and passwords.  I hope I can do this...if not,
> How far away are we, and If I'm on the wrong mailing list, then where
> SHOULD I be?

    Julie has been indisposed with various things over the past week
or so, and is hoping to be back in full swing this coming week...the last
I heard, she had one bug left to work out in the sources, that caused a
'malloc()' failure (don't ask me details, I don't know them)...

    The most current sources available are in v6.3 (available != what
Julie is working with)...unlike the PostgreSQL stuff, the PostODBC stuff
pretty much has one person working on it.  Anyone here know enough about
Windows to be able to lend a hand?

    It sort of falls under the same rules as PostgreSQL...if you want
it fixed now, offer a hand...there has got to be someone else, other then
Julie that a) knows something about Windows programming and b) wants/needs
the ODBC driver working...isn't there? *raised eyebrow*

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC?

From
"Julia A.Case"
Date:
Quoting D. Dante Lorenso (dlorenso@afai.com):

> I've written several times and seen others write as well, but I'm
> getting no answers.
>
> What is going on with PostODBC?  I'm seeing several people saying
> .21 and others saying .30a or .30b and I lately see .35... Is
> anything compiled ready to be downloaded?
>
> I need to connect to PostgreSQL 6.3 with ODBC, and I want to use
> crypt with usernames and passwords.  I hope I can do this...if not,
> How far away are we, and If I'm on the wrong mailing list, then where
> SHOULD I be?
>
> Dante

    As of right now, the driver does not support this method of connecting...

    Within a week or so it should, every one wish us luck!?!

        If anyone is interested in helping achieve this, please let mek now

        Julie

--
[  Julia Anne Case  ] [        Ships are safe inside the harbor,       ]
[Programmer at large] [      but is that what ships are really for.    ]