Re: [NOVICE] psql readline Tab insert tab

From
Albe Laurenz
Date:
Hans Ginzel wrote:
>>> how to make psql (readline) to insert tab when Tab is pressed? E.g. for
>>> pasting. I know, there is -n option. But then the history is not
>>> accessible.

>> It could be done by adding the following lines to your ~/.inputrc file:
>>
>> $if Psql
>> TAB: tab-insert
>> $endif

> Great! Thank you very much. Could this be added as note to the -n option
> of the page http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/app-psql.html,
> please?

Would that be worth an addition to the documentation?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Attachment

Re: [NOVICE] psql readline Tab insert tab

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On 6/1/15 7:00 AM, Albe Laurenz wrote:

>>> It could be done by adding the following lines to your ~/.inputrc file:
>>>
>>> $if Psql
>>> TAB: tab-insert
>>> $endif
>
>> Great! Thank you very much. Could this be added as note to the -n option
>> of the page http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/app-psql.html,
>> please?
>
> Would that be worth an addition to the documentation?

There is already a section about this on the psql man page.  (Look for
"disable-completion".)

Date:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

>>> Great! Thank you very much. Could this be added as note to the -n option
>>> of the page http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/app-psql.html,
>>> please?

>> Would that be worth an addition to the documentation?

> There is already a section about this on the psql man page.  (Look for
> "disable-completion".)

Right, I didn't notice that.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe