JSON data type and schema validation

From
Dmitry Shirokov
Date:
Hi all,

Are there any plans to introduce in next versions of Postgres a schema validation for JSON field type? It would be very nice to have a support of something like json-schema spec, see http://json-schema.org/documentation.html. Right now there's the only way to do it via individual constraints, which is not very convenient in most cases. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers,
Dmitry

Re: JSON data type and schema validation

From
Andrew Dunstan
Date:
On 05/03/2015 11:20 PM, Dmitry Shirokov wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Are there any plans to introduce in next versions of Postgres a schema
> validation for JSON field type? It would be very nice to have a
> support of something like json-schema spec, see
> http://json-schema.org/documentation.html. Right now there's the only
> way to do it via individual constraints, which is not very convenient
> in most cases. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Not that I know of. It should be possible to do as an extension and
applied with a check constraint.

cheers

andrew

Re: JSON data type and schema validation

From
Evgeniy Shishkin
Date:
> On 04 May 2015, at 06:20, Dmitry Shirokov <deadrunk@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Are there any plans to introduce in next versions of Postgres a schema validation for JSON field type? It would be
verynice to have a support of something like json-schema spec, see http://json-schema.org/documentation.html. Right now
there'sthe only way to do it via individual constraints, which is not very convenient in most cases. Please correct me
ifI'm wrong.

Take a look at https://github.com/akorotkov/jsquery
You can find schema validation example in docs.