Moving Pivotal's Greenplum work upstream

From
Ewan Higgs
Date:
sans-serif;font-size:13px"><divid="yui_3_16_0_1_1426113009600_23013">Hi all,</div><div
id="yui_3_16_0_1_1426113009600_23014">Therehas been some press regarding Pivotal's intent to release Greenplum source
aspart of an Open Development Platform (along with some of their Hadoop projects). Can anyone speak on whether any of
Greenplummight find its way upstream? For example, if(!) the work is being released under an appropriate license, are
peopleat Pivotal planning to push patches for the parallel architecture and associated query planner upstream?<br

Re: Moving Pivotal's Greenplum work upstream

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
On 03/12/2015 03:24 PM, Ewan Higgs wrote:
> Hi all,
> There has been some press regarding Pivotal's intent to release
> Greenplum source as part of an Open Development Platform (along with
> some of their Hadoop projects). Can anyone speak on whether any of
> Greenplum might find its way upstream? For example, if(!) the work is
> being released under an appropriate license, are people at Pivotal
> planning to push patches for the parallel architecture and associated
> query planner upstream?

At this point, we have no idea.  We'll know better when the code is
actually available.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Moving Pivotal's Greenplum work upstream

From
Craig Ringer