Better error message on pg_upgrade checksum mismatches

From
Greg Sabino Mullane
Date:
Just a little thing that's been bugging me. If one side of the
pg_upgrade has checksums and the other does not, give a less
cryptic error message.

--
Greg Sabino Mullane greg@endpoint.com
End Point Corporation

Attachment

Re: Better error message on pg_upgrade checksum mismatches

Date:
On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 10:55:07AM -0500, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> Just a little thing that's been bugging me. If one side of the
> pg_upgrade has checksums and the other does not, give a less
> cryptic error message.

OK, sure.  Good fix, will apply.  This seems to be the day for pg_upgrade
fixes/improvements.  :-)

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +

Re: Better error message on pg_upgrade checksum mismatches

Date:
On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 10:55:07AM -0500, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> Just a little thing that's been bugging me. If one side of the
> pg_upgrade has checksums and the other does not, give a less
> cryptic error message.

Thanks.  Slightly adjusted patch attached and applied to head.

  + Everyone has their own god. +

Attachment