postgres messages error

From
Martín Marqués
Date:
Hi there,

I was doing some translation on postgres.po and found a string which
looks mistaken.

#: libpq/auth.c:1593
#, fuzzy, c-format
msgid "could not to look up local user ID %ld: %s"

It looks like there is an extra *to* there , so the string should be:

"could not look up local user ID %ld: %s"

Martín Marqués                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Re: postgres messages error

From
Adam Brightwell
Date:
Martin,

#: libpq/auth.c:1593
#, fuzzy, c-format
msgid "could not to look up local user ID %ld: %s"

It looks like there is an extra *to* there , so the string should be:

"could not look up local user ID %ld: %s"

I think you are right.  FWIW, I have attached a patch that fixes it for consideration if others concur.

-Adam

Re: postgres messages error

Date:
Adam Brightwell <adam.brightwell@crunchydatasolutions.com> writes:
> Martin,
> #: libpq/auth.c:1593
>> #, fuzzy, c-format
>> msgid "could not to look up local user ID %ld: %s"
>>
>> It looks like there is an extra *to* there , so the string should be:
>>
>> "could not look up local user ID %ld: %s"

> I think you are right.  FWIW, I have attached a patch that fixes it for
> consideration if others concur.

I agree, that good English is not.  Will commit.
        regards, tom lane

Re: postgres messages error

From
Alvaro Herrera
Tom Lane wrote:
> Adam Brightwell <adam.brightwell@crunchydatasolutions.com> writes:
> > Martin,
> > #: libpq/auth.c:1593
> >> #, fuzzy, c-format
> >> msgid "could not to look up local user ID %ld: %s"
> >>
> >> It looks like there is an extra *to* there , so the string should be:
> >>
> >> "could not look up local user ID %ld: %s"
>
> > I think you are right.  FWIW, I have attached a patch that fixes it for
> > consideration if others concur.
>
> I agree, that good English is not.  Will commit.

A quick grep reveals also

initdb.po:msgid "%s: could not to allocate SIDs: error code %lu\n"

Re: postgres messages error

Date:
> A quick grep reveals also
> initdb.po:msgid "%s: could not to allocate SIDs: error code %lu\n"

Good catch, I'll get that one too.
        regards, tom lane