psql tab completion: \c [ dbname [ username ] ]

From
Ian Barwick
Date:
Hi

Attached is a mighty trivial patch to extend psql tab completion
for \c / \connect to generate a list of role names, as lack thereof
was annoying me recently and I can't see any downside to doing
this.

The patch is a whole two lines so I haven't submitted it to the next
commitfest but will happily do so if appropriate.

Regards

Ian Barwick

--
 Ian Barwick                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Re: psql tab completion: \c [ dbname [ username ] ]

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 6:13 PM, Ian Barwick <ian@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Attached is a mighty trivial patch to extend psql tab completion
> for \c / \connect to generate a list of role names, as lack thereof
> was annoying me recently and I can't see any downside to doing
> this.

Committed, thanks.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Date:
On 10/11/14 22:20, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 6:13 PM, Ian Barwick <ian@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Attached is a mighty trivial patch to extend psql tab completion
>> for \c / \connect to generate a list of role names, as lack thereof
>> was annoying me recently and I can't see any downside to doing
>> this.
>
> Committed, thanks.

Many thanks!

Regards