Time to remove dummy autocommit GUC?

Date:
There's a thread over in pgsql-admin
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/1317404836.812502.1415174912912.JavaMail.yahoo@jws11120.mail.ir2.yahoo.com
suggesting that the server-side autocommit GUC causes more confusion
than it's worth, because newbies think it should reflect the state of
client-side autocommit behavior.

We left that variable in there back in 7.4, on backward-compatibility
grounds that were a bit debatable even then.  ISTM that by now we could
just flat-out remove it.  Surely no client-side code is still looking
at it.

Thoughts, objections?
        regards, tom lane

Re: Time to remove dummy autocommit GUC?

From
Kevin Grittner
Date:
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> ISTM that by now we could just flat-out remove it.

+1

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: Time to remove dummy autocommit GUC?

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
removedit years ago :-)<p dir="ltr">/Magnus <br />