What happened to jsonb's JENTRY_ISFIRST?

Date:
jsonb.h claims that the high order bit of a JEntry word is set on the
first element of a JEntry array.  However, AFAICS, JBE_ISFIRST() is
not used anywhere, which is a good thing because it refers to a constant
JENTRY_ISFIRST that's not defined anywhere.  Is this comment just a leftover
from a convention that's been dropped, or is it still implemented but not
via this macro?

If the bit is unused now, should we be worrying about reclaiming it for
better use?  Like say allowing jsonb's to be larger than just a quarter
of the maximum datum size?
        regards, tom lane

Re: What happened to jsonb's JENTRY_ISFIRST?

From
Peter Geoghegan
Date:
On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 3:47 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> If the bit is unused now, should we be worrying about reclaiming it for
> better use?  Like say allowing jsonb's to be larger than just a quarter
> of the maximum datum size?

Commit d9daff0e0cb15221789e6c50d9733c8754c054fb removed it. This is an
obsolete comment.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Re: What happened to jsonb's JENTRY_ISFIRST?

From
Heikki Linnakangas
Date:
On 08/14/2014 02:45 AM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 3:47 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> If the bit is unused now, should we be worrying about reclaiming it for
>> better use?  Like say allowing jsonb's to be larger than just a quarter
>> of the maximum datum size?
>
> Commit d9daff0e0cb15221789e6c50d9733c8754c054fb removed it. This is an
> obsolete comment.

Yeah. I just noticed the same and replied in the other thread
(http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/53EC8194.4020804@vmware.com). Note
to self: check all the mails in inbox before replying..

- Heikki