Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> Diagnose incompatible OpenLDAP versions during build and test.

Hmm.  I'm pretty sure it is not considered good style to drop AC_DEFUN
blocks right into configure.in; at least, we have never done that before.
PGAC_LDAP_SAFE should get defined somewhere in config/*.m4, instead.
I am not real sure however which existing config/ file is appropriate,
or whether we should create a new one.  Peter, any opinion?
        regards, tom lane

Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
>> Diagnose incompatible OpenLDAP versions during build and test.

Oh, one more thing: the Windows buildfarm members mostly don't like
the dblink test case you added.  Looks like the mechanism for finding
the shared library doesn't work.
        regards, tom lane

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 11:51:18AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> > Diagnose incompatible OpenLDAP versions during build and test.
>
> Hmm.  I'm pretty sure it is not considered good style to drop AC_DEFUN
> blocks right into configure.in; at least, we have never done that before.
> PGAC_LDAP_SAFE should get defined somewhere in config/*.m4, instead.
> I am not real sure however which existing config/ file is appropriate,
> or whether we should create a new one.  Peter, any opinion?

I don't mind reinstating the absence of AC_DEFUN from configure.in.  Add
config/misc-libraries.m4, perhaps?  Alternately, stretch programs.m4; it
already has two readline library checks.

--
Noah Misch
EnterpriseDB                                 http://www.enterprisedb.com

Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 11:51:18AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hmm.  I'm pretty sure it is not considered good style to drop AC_DEFUN
>> blocks right into configure.in; at least, we have never done that before.
>> PGAC_LDAP_SAFE should get defined somewhere in config/*.m4, instead.
>> I am not real sure however which existing config/ file is appropriate,
>> or whether we should create a new one.  Peter, any opinion?

> I don't mind reinstating the absence of AC_DEFUN from configure.in.  Add
> config/misc-libraries.m4, perhaps?  Alternately, stretch programs.m4; it
> already has two readline library checks.

programs.m4 sounds like the place then.
        regards, tom lane