json_build* volatility error

From
Andrew Dunstan
Date:
I have just noticed that I inadvertently marked the json_build*
functions as immutable. That seems to be a plain error, as, for example,
timestamptz output will not be immutable. I think we need to fix this
for 9.4. It will mean a catalog bump :-(

cheers

andrew

Re: json_build* volatility error

Date:
> I have just noticed that I inadvertently marked the json_build*
> functions as immutable. That seems to be a plain error, as, for example,
> timestamptz output will not be immutable.

Ah, yes, our convention is that anything depending on datatype I/O
functions is to be marked stable.

> I think we need to fix this
> for 9.4. It will mean a catalog bump :-(

Agreed.
        regards, tom lane

Date:
On 07/15/2014 11:14 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think we need to fix this
>> for 9.4. It will mean a catalog bump :-(
> Agreed.

Are we trying to store these up or just applying them as they go?

Date:
> Are we trying to store these up or just applying them as they go?

No, just do it.
        regards, tom lane