RHEL6 packaging issue for 9.4 beta - libevent conflict

From
Craig Ringer
Date:
Hi all

I posted about a possible packaging issue with RHEL 6 PGDG packages for
9.4beta on pgsql-yum-pkg, but things are pretty quiet over there (a
prior mail asking about what happened with moving to git hasn't had a
response).

Given that time is a concern with 9.4, I thought I'd raise it here.

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/53A10EF9.9060505@2ndquadrant.com

Hopefully it's just PEBKAC.

Re: RHEL6 packaging issue for 9.4 beta - libevent conflict

Date:
Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> I posted about a possible packaging issue with RHEL 6 PGDG packages for
> 9.4beta on pgsql-yum-pkg, but things are pretty quiet over there (a
> prior mail asking about what happened with moving to git hasn't had a
> response).
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/53A10EF9.9060505@2ndquadrant.com

Why in the world is PGDG installing something named libevent at all?
        regards, tom lane

Re: RHEL6 packaging issue for 9.4 beta - libevent conflict

From
Andrew Dunstan
Date:
On 06/18/2014 09:34 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> I posted about a possible packaging issue with RHEL 6 PGDG packages for
>> 9.4beta on pgsql-yum-pkg, but things are pretty quiet over there (a
>> prior mail asking about what happened with moving to git hasn't had a
>> response).
>> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/53A10EF9.9060505@2ndquadrant.com
> Why in the world is PGDG installing something named libevent at all?

The only thing I can think of offhand that would require it is pgbouncer.

cheers

andrew

Re: RHEL6 packaging issue for 9.4 beta - libevent conflict

From
Devrim Gündüz
Date:
Hi,

On Wed, 2014-06-18 at 09:41 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> The only thing I can think of offhand that would require it is
> pgbouncer.

Yeah. Recent pgbouncer versions require libevent 2.0+, and RHEL 6 has
1.4.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: RHEL6 packaging issue for 9.4 beta - libevent conflict

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On 06/18/2014 06:34 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> I posted about a possible packaging issue with RHEL 6 PGDG packages for
>> 9.4beta on pgsql-yum-pkg, but things are pretty quiet over there (a
>> prior mail asking about what happened with moving to git hasn't had a
>> response).
>> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/53A10EF9.9060505@2ndquadrant.com
>
> Why in the world is PGDG installing something named libevent at all?

pg_bouncer.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579