unable to attach client process to postgresql server using gdb

From
Rajmohan C
Date:
hi,

   I am working with PostgreSQL 9.3.4 source using Eclipse IDE in ubuntu 14.04. I am facing a problem in attaching client process to postgresql server using gdb to debug. When I start the postmaster then I connect to it from client on a terminal. It works fine. Queries get responses. When I run debug config from eclipse then select postgres process id from list I get error saying

Can't find a source file at "/build/buildd/eglibc-2.19/socket/../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/recv.c"
Locate the file or edit the source lookup path to include its location.

 After this when I send any query from client, it just stucks. No response comes. After attaching gdb to client process, client does not get any response from postgres server. One thing to note is that I was able to debug properly till yesterday. But now it is not working. I tried reinstalling but did not help. How could I fix this issue? Kindly help.

Rajmohan

Re: unable to attach client process to postgresql server using gdb

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 1:42 AM, Rajmohan C <csrajmohan@gmail.com> wrote:
>    I am working with PostgreSQL 9.3.4 source using Eclipse IDE in ubuntu
> 14.04. I am facing a problem in attaching client process to postgresql
> server using gdb to debug. When I start the postmaster then I connect to it
> from client on a terminal. It works fine. Queries get responses. When I run
> debug config from eclipse then select postgres process id from list I get
> error saying
>
> Can't find a source file at
> "/build/buildd/eglibc-2.19/socket/../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/recv.c"
> Locate the file or edit the source lookup path to include its location.

That is likely just a warning, and you've actually still attached to
the target process.

>  After this when I send any query from client, it just stucks. No response
> comes. After attaching gdb to client process, client does not get any
> response from postgres server. One thing to note is that I was able to debug
> properly till yesterday. But now it is not working. I tried reinstalling but
> did not help. How could I fix this issue? Kindly help.

...which explains why it doesn't respond any more.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company