jsonb inequality operators

From
Andrew Dunstan
Date:
I have just noticed as I am preparing my slides well ahead of time :-)
that we haven't documented the inequality operators of jsonb. Is that
deliberate or an oversight?

cheers

andrew

Re: jsonb inequality operators

From
"David E. Wheeler"
Date:
On May 20, 2014, at 4:39 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> I have just noticed as I am preparing my slides well ahead of time :-) that we haven't documented the inequality
operatorsof jsonb. Is that deliberate or an oversight?

That’s gotta be an oversight. The hash and btree index support is documented, which implies those operators, yes?

David

Re: jsonb inequality operators

Date:
"David E. Wheeler" <david@justatheory.com> writes:
> On May 20, 2014, at 4:39 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>> I have just noticed as I am preparing my slides well ahead of time :-) that we haven't documented the inequality
operatorsof jsonb. Is that deliberate or an oversight?

> That’s gotta be an oversight. The hash and btree index support is documented, which implies those operators, yes?

Those opclasses don't actually *require* any inequality operator --- but
a quick look in the catalogs says there is one.  So yeah, an oversight.
        regards, tom lane