palloc0

From
mohsen soodkhah mohammadi
Date:
oftransaction?<br /></div>

Re: palloc0

From
Atri Sharma

Sent from my iPad

> On 30-Nov-2013, at 14:30, mohsen soodkhah mohammadi <mohsensoodkhah@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> if I don't dalloc parameters that allocated with palloc0 then will free the allocated memory at the end of
transaction?

Yes, palloc allocates memory in contexts, and the memory allocated in these contexts by palloc are freed at the
deletionof the context.

Regards,

Atri

Re: palloc0

From
Andrew Dunstan
Date:
On 11/30/2013 04:00 AM, mohsen soodkhah mohammadi wrote:
> if I don't dalloc parameters that allocated with palloc0 then will
> free the allocated memory at the end of transaction?

Please read src/backend/utils/mmgr/README

cheers

andrew

Re: palloc0

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 11:41 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> Please read src/backend/utils/mmgr/README
And that as well directly in the docs:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/xfunc-c.html#AEN53984
"The memory allocated by palloc will be freed automatically at the end
of each transaction, preventing memory leaks."
Michael