Additional information on log_line_prefix

From
Emanuel Calvo

Hi guys,

I'm working on a quick convertion script for query reviews and I wonder if a feature request to add the following values will be possible:

 %D = duration
 %L = lock_time   (lock only for this query)
 %E = estimated rows
 %R = total rows returned
 %B = total bytes sent
 %T = temporal tables used

Those prefixes/values are just examples/proposals.

Thanks for the hard work!

Emanuel Calvo

Re: Additional information on log_line_prefix

From
David Johnston
Date:
emanuel_calvo wrote
>  %E = estimated rows

How would you expect this to work?  This information seems mostly useless
without the context of a full EXPLAIN output.

>  %T = temporal tables used

I am guessing you mean "temporary", not temporal - the later also being
known as "time oriented"

David J.

Re: Additional information on log_line_prefix

From
Andrew Dunstan
Date:
On 10/25/2013 01:50 PM, Emanuel Calvo wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm working on a quick convertion script for query reviews and I
> wonder if a feature request to add the following values will be possible:
>
>  %D = duration
>  %L = lock_time   (lock only for this query)
>  %E = estimated rows
>  %R = total rows returned
>  %B = total bytes sent
>  %T = temporal tables used
>
> Those prefixes/values are just examples/proposals.
>
> Thanks for the hard work!

Pretty much all of this can be got with the auto_explain module, and I
think that's where it belongs.

cheers

andrew

Re: Additional information on log_line_prefix

Date:
On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 02:58:12PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 10/25/2013 01:50 PM, Emanuel Calvo wrote:
> >
> >Hi guys,
> >
> >I'm working on a quick convertion script for query reviews and I
> >wonder if a feature request to add the following values will be
> >possible:
> >
> > %D = duration
> > %L = lock_time   (lock only for this query)
> > %E = estimated rows
> > %R = total rows returned
> > %B = total bytes sent
> > %T = temporal tables used
> >
> >Those prefixes/values are just examples/proposals.
> >
> >Thanks for the hard work!
> >

> Pretty much all of this can be got with the auto_explain module, and
> I think that's where it belongs.

The other problem is that these mostly have meaning for a line generated
by a completed query, but not for the many other lines that can appear
in that log file.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +