psql missing tab completion for extensions

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
psql is missing tab completion for \dx (or more usfully, for \dx+).

Attached patch fixes this.

Do we consider this a bugfix and backpatch (at least to 9.3? even
though the problem goes back further), or head only?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Attachment

Re: psql missing tab completion for extensions

Date:
> psql is missing tab completion for \dx (or more usfully, for \dx+).
> Attached patch fixes this.

> Do we consider this a bugfix and backpatch (at least to 9.3? even
> though the problem goes back further), or head only?

Sounds like a feature to me.  I wouldn't object to sneaking it into
9.3 though.
        regards, tom lane

Re: psql missing tab completion for extensions

From
Stephen Frost
Date:
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> > psql is missing tab completion for \dx (or more usfully, for \dx+).
> > Attached patch fixes this.
>
> > Do we consider this a bugfix and backpatch (at least to 9.3? even
> > though the problem goes back further), or head only?
>
> Sounds like a feature to me.  I wouldn't object to sneaking it into
> 9.3 though.

Agreed.
Thanks,
    Stephen

Date:
On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 5:26 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>> Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> writes:
>> > psql is missing tab completion for \dx (or more usfully, for \dx+).
>> > Attached patch fixes this.
>>
>> > Do we consider this a bugfix and backpatch (at least to 9.3? even
>> > though the problem goes back further), or head only?
>>
>> Sounds like a feature to me.  I wouldn't object to sneaking it into
>> 9.3 though.
>
> Agreed.

Done.

Re: psql missing tab completion for extensions

From
Dimitri Fontaine
Date:
> Done.