don't own lock of type?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Hello,

What exactly causes this?

WARNING:  you don't own a lock of type ExclusiveLock

Does this mean the user calling the lock doesn't own the object?

JD
--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC, @cmdpromptinc

Re: don't own lock of type?

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What exactly causes this?
>
> WARNING:  you don't own a lock of type ExclusiveLock
>
> Does this mean the user calling the lock doesn't own the object?

It means there's a bug.  Either in PostgreSQL, or some loadable module
you're using.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: don't own lock of type?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On 08/05/2013 11:38 AM, Robert Haas wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> What exactly causes this?
>>
>> WARNING:  you don't own a lock of type ExclusiveLock
>>
>> Does this mean the user calling the lock doesn't own the object?
>
> It means there's a bug.  Either in PostgreSQL, or some loadable module
> you're using.

I am getting this rather frequently, I will check modules but I don't
believe we are running any.

JD

--

Date:
On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> It means there's a bug.  Either in PostgreSQL, or some loadable module
>> you're using.
>
> I am getting this rather frequently, I will check modules but I don't
> believe we are running any.

We fixed a bug in this area a while back.  Are you running the latest
point release?

--

Date:
On 08/05/2013 02:58 PM, Robert Haas wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>>> It means there's a bug.  Either in PostgreSQL, or some loadable module
>>> you're using.
>>
>> I am getting this rather frequently, I will check modules but I don't
>> believe we are running any.
>
> We fixed a bug in this area a while back.  Are you running the latest
> point release?

9.2.4 so yep.

JD