A few string fixed

From
Daniele Varrazzo
Date:
Hello,

while translating the new PostgreSQL 9.3 strings I've found a couple
questionable. Patches attached.

Cheers,

-- Daniele

Attachment

Re: A few string fixed

Date:
Daniele Varrazzo <daniele.varrazzo@gmail.com> writes:
> while translating the new PostgreSQL 9.3 strings I've found a couple
> questionable. Patches attached.

Hmm ... I agree with the MultiXactId->MultiXactIds changes, but not with
this one:

> -                           errhint("To make the view updatable, provide an unconditional ON DELETE DO INSTEAD rule
oran INSTEAD OF DELETE trigger.")));

> +                           errhint("To make the view deletable, provide an unconditional ON DELETE DO INSTEAD rule
oran INSTEAD OF DELETE trigger.")));

We use the phrase "updatable view", we don't say "deletable view"
(and this usage is also found in the SQL standard).  We could possibly
make the message say "To make the view updatable in this way", or
"... for this purpose", but that seems a bit long-winded to me.
        regards, tom lane

Re: A few string fixed

From
Daniele Varrazzo
Date:
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Daniele Varrazzo <daniele.varrazzo@gmail.com> writes:
>> while translating the new PostgreSQL 9.3 strings I've found a couple
>> questionable. Patches attached.
>
> Hmm ... I agree with the MultiXactId->MultiXactIds changes, but not with
> this one:
>
>> -                                                errhint("To make the view updatable, provide an unconditional ON
DELETEDO INSTEAD rule or an INSTEAD OF DELETE trigger.")));

>> +                                                errhint("To make the view deletable, provide an unconditional ON
DELETEDO INSTEAD rule or an INSTEAD OF DELETE trigger.")));

> We use the phrase "updatable view", we don't say "deletable view"
> (and this usage is also found in the SQL standard).  We could possibly
> make the message say "To make the view updatable in this way", or
> "... for this purpose", but that seems a bit long-winded to me.

Ok, I'd just thought it was a pasto.

-- Daniele