AIX buildfarm member

From
Steve Singer
Date:
The only animal in the buildfarm running AIX is grebe
(http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=grebe&br=HEAD)

It is likely that the server running this animal will go away sometime
this year and the machine replacing it isn't running AIX.

If someone else in the community is running PostgreSQL on AIX then it
would be good if they setup a buildfarm member, perhaps with a more
recent version of AIX.

Steve

Re: AIX buildfarm member

From
John R Pierce
Date:
On 1/11/2013 6:56 AM, Steve Singer wrote:
> If someone else in the community is running PostgreSQL on AIX then it
> would be good if they setup a buildfarm member, perhaps with a more
> recent version of AIX.

I am and I'd love to, however, sigh, its deep behind corporate firewalls
and any attempt at doing something like that would land me in all kinda
hurt.     I run AIX 6.1 and 7 LPAR's (IBM's equivalent of a VM) on our
AIX dev box, which is a 2 core Power 6.   Another complexity is that the
licensing for XL C is per 'seat' (named user).

I'm really surprised IBM doesn't have some program to support a worthy
project like this.

Re: AIX buildfarm member

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
> I'm really surprised IBM doesn't have some program to support a worthy
> project like this.

They probably do.  The problem is that we don't know who to contact.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.