Deferrable NOT NULL constraints in 9.3?

From
andreak@officenet.no
Date:
AndreasJoseph Krogh <andreak@officenet.no>      mob: +47 909 56 963<br /> Senior Software Developer / CTO -
OfficeNetAS - http://www.officenet.no<br /> Public key: http://home.officenet.no/~andreak/public_key.asc</div>

Re: Deferrable NOT NULL constraints in 9.3?

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 4:45 AM,  <andreak@officenet.no> wrote:
> Are there any plans to include DEFERRABLE NOT NULL constraints in 9.3 so one
> can do this?
>
> create table test(a varchar not null deferrable initially deferred);
>
> This works in Oracle and is quite handy when working with ORMs.

Not to my knowledge ... although I can't claim to know everything that
anyone is working on.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Deferrable NOT NULL constraints in 9.3?

Date:
> On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 4:45 AM,  <andreak@officenet.no> wrote:
>> Are there any plans to include DEFERRABLE NOT NULL constraints in 9.3 so one
>> can do this?
>>
>> create table test(a varchar not null deferrable initially deferred);
>>
>> This works in Oracle and is quite handy when working with ORMs.

> Not to my knowledge ... although I can't claim to know everything that
> anyone is working on.

You could get the effect by applying the not-null check in a custom
constraint trigger.  A bit tedious but it'd work.
        regards, tom lane