Git diff patch in context diff format

From
Qi Huang
Date:
Hi, hackers
    I was exporting my project to a patch file. As the patch review requires, the patch needs to be in context diff format (http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Reviewing_a_Patch). But the git diff exports in a format similar to unified format. What is everyone doing with patching now? Is there any standard way?
   Thanks.

Best Regards
Huang Qi Victor
Computer Science of National University of Singapore

Re: Git diff patch in context diff format

Date:
On Thu, Aug  2, 2012 at 05:03:04PM +0800, Qi Huang wrote:
> Hi, hackers
>     I was exporting my project to a patch file. As the patch review requires,
> the patch needs to be in context diff format (http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/
> Reviewing_a_Patch). But the git diff exports in a format similar to unified
> format. What is everyone doing with patching now? Is there any standard way?

Have you read our wiki about git and diffs?
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Git#Context_diffs_with_Git

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: Git diff patch in context diff format

From
Andrew Dunstan
Date:
On 08/08/2012 01:29 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Thu, Aug  2, 2012 at 05:03:04PM +0800, Qi Huang wrote:
>> Hi, hackers
>>      I was exporting my project to a patch file. As the patch review requires,
>> the patch needs to be in context diff format (http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/
>> Reviewing_a_Patch). But the git diff exports in a format similar to unified
>> format. What is everyone doing with patching now? Is there any standard way?
> Have you read our wiki about git and diffs?
>
>     http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Git#Context_diffs_with_Git

I must confess that, like Robert, I just use:
   git diff | filterdiff --format=context

I tried the git config stuff mentioned on the wiki, and it bit me a few
times, I forget exactly how, and this just works without hassle.

cheers

andrew