Re: [GENERAL] Where is diskchecker.pl ?

Date:
On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 04:11:21PM +0200, jg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The PostgreSQK documentation refers to diskchecker.pl on the page http://brad.livejournal.com/2116715.html
> But on this page, the given link for diskchecker.pl does not exist anymore.
> After some unsuccessfull queries on Google to find the missing file,
> I wonder if one of you have a lin or a copy of this file.

(Moved to hackers.)  I have emailed the author asking for a copy.  Does
anyone have a recently downloaded copy of diskchecker.pl?

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: [GENERAL] Where is diskchecker.pl ?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
On 7/26/12 5:35 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 04:11:21PM +0200, jg wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The PostgreSQK documentation refers to diskchecker.pl on the page http://brad.livejournal.com/2116715.html
>> But on this page, the given link for diskchecker.pl does not exist anymore.
>> After some unsuccessfull queries on Google to find the missing file,
>> I wonder if one of you have a lin or a copy of this file.
>
> (Moved to hackers.)  I have emailed the author asking for a copy.  Does
> anyone have a recently downloaded copy of diskchecker.pl?

Where do we refer to this in the docs?  What is it supposed to do?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Date:
On 7/26/12 5:35 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 04:11:21PM +0200, jg wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The PostgreSQK documentation refers to diskchecker.pl on the page http://brad.livejournal.com/2116715.html
>> But on this page, the given link for diskchecker.pl does not exist anymore.
>> After some unsuccessfull queries on Google to find the missing file,
>> I wonder if one of you have a lin or a copy of this file.
>
> (Moved to hackers.)  I have emailed the author asking for a copy.  Does
> anyone have a recently downloaded copy of diskchecker.pl?

Oh, and the code is here:
https://gist.github.com/3177656

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: [GENERAL] Where is diskchecker.pl ?

Date:
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 06:07:30PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 7/26/12 5:35 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 04:11:21PM +0200, jg wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> The PostgreSQK documentation refers to diskchecker.pl on the page http://brad.livejournal.com/2116715.html
> >> But on this page, the given link for diskchecker.pl does not exist anymore.
> >> After some unsuccessfull queries on Google to find the missing file,
> >> I wonder if one of you have a lin or a copy of this file.
> >
> > (Moved to hackers.)  I have emailed the author asking for a copy.  Does
> > anyone have a recently downloaded copy of diskchecker.pl?
>
> Oh, and the code is here:
> https://gist.github.com/3177656

Yes, the author responded and gave me that URL.  I am working on the
docs now.  Odd searching github didn't find it for me.

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: [GENERAL] Where is diskchecker.pl ?

Date:
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 09:11:17PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 06:07:30PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:

> > > (Moved to hackers.)  I have emailed the author asking for a copy.  Does
> > > anyone have a recently downloaded copy of diskchecker.pl?
> >
> > Oh, and the code is here:
> > https://gist.github.com/3177656
>
> Yes, the author responded and gave me that URL.  I am working on the
> docs now.  Odd searching github didn't find it for me.

OK, doc patch attached and applied to 9.0 and later releases.