Time for pgindent run?

Date:
Is everyone ready for me to run pgindent?  We are nearing the first
commit-fest (June 15) and will have to branch the git tree soon.

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: Time for pgindent run?

Date:
> Is everyone ready for me to run pgindent?  We are nearing the first
> commit-fest (June 15) and will have to branch the git tree soon.

Also, we should do the pgindent run well before the commitfest, so that
authors of pending patches have time to rebase their patches in case
pgindent changes the code they are patching ...
        regards, tom lane

Re: Time for pgindent run?

Date:
On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 10:21:14AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Is everyone ready for me to run pgindent?  We are nearing the first
> > commit-fest (June 15) and will have to branch the git tree soon.
>
> Also, we should do the pgindent run well before the commitfest, so that
> authors of pending patches have time to rebase their patches in case
> pgindent changes the code they are patching ...

Ah, good point.  That will affect commit-fest patches.  We could run it
only on the 9.3 branch, but that makes double-patching very hard.

Is everyone good for a pgindent run this week?

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: Time for pgindent run?

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 10:25 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 10:21:14AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> writes:
>> > Is everyone ready for me to run pgindent?  We are nearing the first
>> > commit-fest (June 15) and will have to branch the git tree soon.
>>
>> Also, we should do the pgindent run well before the commitfest, so that
>> authors of pending patches have time to rebase their patches in case
>> pgindent changes the code they are patching ...
>
> Ah, good point.  That will affect commit-fest patches.  We could run it
> only on the 9.3 branch, but that makes double-patching very hard.
>
> Is everyone good for a pgindent run this week?

The sooner the better.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Time for pgindent run?

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Thursday, June 7, 2012, Robert Haas wrote:
On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 10:25 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 10:21:14AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> writes:
>> > Is everyone ready for me to run pgindent?  We are nearing the first
>> > commit-fest (June 15) and will have to branch the git tree soon.
>>
>> Also, we should do the pgindent run well before the commitfest, so that
>> authors of pending patches have time to rebase their patches in case
>> pgindent changes the code they are patching ...
>
> Ah, good point.  That will affect commit-fest patches.  We could run it
> only on the 9.3 branch, but that makes double-patching very hard.
>
> Is everyone good for a pgindent run this week?

The sooner the better.

+1.

Anything people have pending for 9.2 has to be pretty small by now (I certainly hope), and it would give contributors a good chance to rebase before the first CF for 9.3.

//Magnus

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: Time for pgindent run?

From
Noah Misch
Date:
On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 09:40:45PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 10:25 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> >>
> >> Also, we should do the pgindent run well before the commitfest, so that
> >> authors of pending patches have time to rebase their patches in case
> >> pgindent changes the code they are patching ...
> >
> > Ah, good point. ?That will affect commit-fest patches. ?We could run it
> > only on the 9.3 branch, but that makes double-patching very hard.
> >
> > Is everyone good for a pgindent run this week?
>
> The sooner the better.

+1

Barring a pgindent commit in the next ~2 days, I think we should branch and
run it independently on master, after the 2012-06 CF, and on REL9_2_STABLE.

Re: Time for pgindent run?

Date:
On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 01:47:10PM -0400, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 09:40:45PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:

> > > Ah, good point. ?That will affect commit-fest patches. ?We could run it
> > > only on the 9.3 branch, but that makes double-patching very hard.
> > >
> > > Is everyone good for a pgindent run this week?
> >
> > The sooner the better.
>
> +1
>
> Barring a pgindent commit in the next ~2 days, I think we should branch and
> run it independently on master, after the 2012-06 CF, and on REL9_2_STABLE.

OK, running it now.  Sorry.  I am at a conference and forgot about this.

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: Time for pgindent run?

Date:
On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 02:58:03PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 01:47:10PM -0400, Noah Misch wrote:

> > > The sooner the better.
> >
> > +1
> >
> > Barring a pgindent commit in the next ~2 days, I think we should branch and
> > run it independently on master, after the 2012-06 CF, and on REL9_2_STABLE.
>
> OK, running it now.  Sorry.  I am at a conference and forgot about this.

Done.  Sorry for the delay.

http://enterprisedb.com