replay_location indicates incorrect location

From
Fujii Masao
Date:
Hi,

When I looked at pg_stat_replication just after starting the standby before
executing any write transactions on the master, I found that replay_location
indicated incorrect location different from sent/write/flush_location. Then,
if I ran write transaction on the master, replay_location indicated the same
location as the others.

The cause of this problem is that Xlogctl->recoveryLastRecPtr which points
to replay_location is initialized with wrong variable ReadRecPtr. Instead, it
should be initialized with EndRecPtr. Attached patch does that. This needs
to be backported to 9.0.

Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment

Re: replay_location indicates incorrect location

From
Simon Riggs
Date:
On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 10:04 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I looked at pg_stat_replication just after starting the standby before
> executing any write transactions on the master, I found that replay_location
> indicated incorrect location different from sent/write/flush_location. Then,
> if I ran write transaction on the master, replay_location indicated the same
> location as the others.
>
> The cause of this problem is that Xlogctl->recoveryLastRecPtr which points
> to replay_location is initialized with wrong variable ReadRecPtr. Instead, it
> should be initialized with EndRecPtr. Attached patch does that. This needs
> to be backported to 9.0.

Agreed. Will commit.